Role & Team
You will be joining as a member of one of our cross functional Product Teams and will play a pivotal and crucial part in collaborating with members of the team. You will be responsible for the end-to-end delivery of their next generation of services, and you will contribute to the digital transformation of our core systems.
• Drive: You’re not someone that waits be told what to do. You’re constantly coming up with small improvements or big new ideas, bringing the best solutions to life.
• Creativity and curiosity: You’re passionate about seeing your changes come to life. You’re naturally curious and immersed in your work – constantly reading, researching, looking at the latest trends and trying out new technologies and approaches.
• High attention to detail: You’re the person who spots the pixel out of place and more importantly, helps us fix it.
• Growth: You will mentor other developers, actively share knowledge and help the team to learn and grow together.
This Senior Full Stack Developer role will involve…
• Supporting and guiding requirements/design activities for features in our main customer facing portal.
• Working with Designers, Product Managers and Developers to ensure all features are well-designed and implemented correctly.
• Establishing and maintaining coding standards and best practices.
• Taking the initiative – not waiting to be told what to do. Constantly coming up with small improvements or big new ideas, bringing the best solutions to life.
• Being relentless about quality and embracing a culture of continuous delivery
• Passionate about seeing changes come to life. Naturally curious and immersed in the work – constantly reading, innovating, researching, exploring the latest trends and trying out new technologies and approaches
Come and join us…
To ensure we achieve our goal, you will join us in embracing our core values;
• Be a player, not a spectator; You will take ownership and make things happen.
• Keep it simple; We’re straightforward and easy to do business with.
• Build for tomorrow; You will challenge the norm, aim high and lead change.
You’ll be an innovator, passionate, accountable and solutions focused, not to mention adaptable, hungry for a challenge and an individual who thrives on partnering. All of these combined with the below capabilities are what will make us such a bold and compelling organisation.
• Have a minimum of 5+ years (post-graduation) experience working on both frontend and backend production web applications.
• Solid experience in latest Java server-side development essential (Java 8+).
• Experience building RESTful services using spring
• Experience building frontend applications in ReactJS
• Experience with Relational Database technologies (e.g. MYSQL)
• Experience with continuous integration and automated deployment an advantage (e.g. Jenkins, Sonar, Helm, Terraform).
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; able to communicate technical information in a clear and succinct manner.
• Experience mentoring junior members on your team
• Desirable knowledge in Liferay, Kubernetes and Agile (Scrum preferably).
• 4-year degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or combination of experience and education.