Senior Highways Engineer
The Senior Highways Engineer is an important operational and career development position in our organisation with key responsibilities to contribute to the development and implementation of projects and programmes of work whilst undertaking a range of technical aspects required for project delivery including feasibility, concept design including buildability and value engineering, detailed design, preparation of tender and contract documentation, invitation of tenders and supervision of construction works on site as part of a team. You shall implement projects effectively and commercially to meet the requirements of the brief, quality standards, health and safety and environmental standards to both national and corporate standards, applying all project management requirements including clear communications, reporting, financial management and customer relationship management You’ll also have a key role managing, organising and motivating a team of engineers and technicians to deliver a variety of projects covering a range of complexities.
What you’ll be doing:
- Arranging the procurement of highway improvement works through competitive tendering. Preparing schemes for tender using the NEC3 family of Forms of Contract, Manual of Contract Documents for Highway Works including use of Specification for Highway Works and the Standard Method of Measurement.
- Undertaking feasibility studies including preparing reports, cost estimates, investigating problems, and identifying of options.
- Supervising and monitoring works on site, making valuations for payment assessments, chairing and managing progress meetings, identification and assessment of additional payments due to variation orders or compensation events, determination of project final accounts and completing the defects period.
- A Bachelors or master’s degree in Civil Engineering or a related subject accredited by the Engineering Council OR you will already be or fast approaching Chartered Member status of the Institution of Civil Engineers (CEng MICE).
- A minimum of 5 years post qualification experience in the design, implementation, and supervision of all aspects of highways and civil engineering design and construction.
- Design experience and Civils’ 3D capability
- An extensive knowledge and understanding of the relevant legislation, standards, and procedures.
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive basic salary
- 23 days’ holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave.
- The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice.
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks’ fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks and plenty more.
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle – from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel, and technology.
- Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform.
For more information please call Christina Keating on 0214944872 or email email@example.com