Reporting to the Director of Information Systems Services (ISS) or his/her nominee, the Senior Integration Developer will lead the design and implementation of strategic ICT initiatives with a specific focus on system integration. Whilst assuming the role of subject matter expert in the area of system integration, s/he will work closely with other senior ISS colleagues, wider stakeholder groups and technology vendors to ensure that our clients systems communicate via APIs using a modern integration platform. S/he will have strong leadership, customer-service, and communications skills and will be a key ISS interface with other groups internally and with external partners.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not confined to the following:
- Act as a senior system integration specialist, defining integration standards and ensuring that these standards are applied in a consistent manner across all integration development;
- Act as a system integration developer building new integrations and enhancing and migrating current point to point integration using a modern enterprise integration platform;
- Design and build of onsite and cloud integration solutions;
- Mentoring of ISS staff on system integration methodology, emerging technologies and best practices.
- In-conjunction with strategic and tactical leadership from Director of ISS or his/her nominee, design, specify and deploy the installation of key cross-institutional cloud based, virtual and physical ICT infrastructure.
- Liaison with internal stakeholders in supporting ICT initiatives.
- Engagement with potential and existing suppliers of ICT related goods and services, providing technical evaluation and input to procurement processes, and ensuring best value for the client.
- Attendance as appropriate at committee and advisory groups.
- Monitoring industry trends and maintaining a technology watch on developments likely to be of relevance to the future transformation of a broad ICT infrastructure.
- Promote and develop automation through adoption of modern ICT tools.
- Develop automation using scripting/programming languages.
- Act as escalation point for ISS colleagues.
- Implement security enhancements to reduce vulnerabilities.
- Scope, design, management and delivery of designated IT projects. Duties and responsibilities may change over time and other duties may be assigned by the Director of ISS or his/her nominee.
- Primary degree level qualification(NQV Level 7) in Computer Science, Engineering or a relevant area.
- At least 5 years’ senior level experience in design, deployment and administration of ICT systems.
- A sound understanding of the cross-institutional dimensions of enterprise systems, system integration, ICT infrastructure and the associated service delivery within a complex and highly devolved environment.
- Significant knowledge of major technological developments influencing enterprise ICT infrastructure provision and management.
- Proven ability to produce detailed documentation to a high standard.
- In depth knowledge and experience of: APIs and related technologies;
Software development lifecycle.
Significant degree of technical competency including practical understanding of:
Modern integration platforms such as Dell Boomi or Mulesoft;
Excellent communication skills, including ability to influence senior stakeholders
Team player who enjoys working with a diverse range of people
Flexible and adaptable in outlook
Ability to work effectively under pressure in a business critical service environment
Self-motivated, showing initiative and sound decision making
Committed to continuing professional development for self and others
Experience of enterprise level ICT management to maintain credibility with both internal stakeholders and external organisations, both technical and business-oriented
Knowledge of Project Design and Management methodologies
Working knowledge of:
LDAP (Active Directory);
Enterprise deployments of VMware;
hosted cloud services (AWS or Azure); Enterprise deployment of Networking; Identity management (SSO).
There is no direct line management of staff in this role. However, there is a requirement for significant coordination, influencing and communication skills in working with colleagues both internally and externally.