An outstanding opportunity at a global, dynamic and highly respected FTSE 100 Global organisation, with some of the world’s most recognisable brands. The business is currently working on a project to simplify its group structure by the elimination of a number of dormant and redundant companies. The principal benefits of this project are to reduce the time and cost incurred in meeting routine compliance requirements and to simplify financial and tax reporting obligations.
Location: East Berkshire – currently WFH
Salary: £580 - £650
Duration: 6 months initially
The role is that of tax specialist working as part of a project team already established to implement a large number of entity tidy-up steps and eliminations over the next six to eight months.
• Jurisdictions in scope include - Guernsey, Ireland, Jersey, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, the UK and the US
• Working collaboratively with the multi-disciplinary project team through batches of target UK and overseas entities to tax efficiently implement structuring and tidy-up steps ahead of a target entity’s liquidation
• Supporting on the tax due diligence work ahead of placing entities into liquidation
• Taking ownership of “enablers” relevant to certain target entities e.g. SSE and non-statutory tax clearances
• Liaising with the in-house tax compliance team to progress the tax filings / HMRC clearances for target entities
• Ensuring any tax advice / support is delivered within deadline and is complete, accurate and thorough and any immediate follow up pre and post tidy-up / liquidation work is done including ensuring all opinions, memos, rulings, elections, filings, etc. are prepared, reviewed and finalised on a timely basis
• International tax experience with both UK compliance and UK / overseas structuring knowledge and experience
• Managed / participated in both UK and overseas entity simplification projects
• Experience working in a similar role in a recognised global business
• Prior experience of the elimination of both UK and overseas entities
• Project implementation work from trouble shooting through to implementation, completion of key memos and opinions and post transaction filings
• Solid background in UK and Irish tax compliance work and practical experience of working with HMRC on entity liquidations and enquiries
• Practical experience of SSE clearance applications, non-statutory clearance applications, value shifting and Dutch participation exemption requirements
• Highly organised with the ability to prioritise – must be able to manage time effectively in a challenging environment and be able to identify and focus on key issues.
• Professional approach and self-confident – able to win confidence and deal with a wide range of customers.
Please apply by sending your CV’s to email@example.com