Please feel free to contact Stephen Kelly for more information via firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Client, fast-paced start-up FinTech company is looking for a Sr. Java Software Engineer to join their Brand New team to innovate the next generation of POS to impact millions of merchant’s lives one transaction at a time.
Contact Stephen for the full information on email email@example.com
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing new products and features to handle core credit card and point-of-sale processing for hundreds of thousands of merchants.
- Own one, or more, of the web services; add new features, resolve bugs, and refactor/ improve code base
- Take ownership of new products/features from development through deployment and production monitoring
- Write automated tests for new web features and update existing tests as needed
- Collaborate with Server Application Engineers to determine the best way to maintain low response times as new features are designed
- Designing and developing high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems and delivering high-availability and performance
- Work with QA to develop test plans/strategies
- Participate in a regular on call rotation
- 3 - 5 years professional backend Java experience
- Bachelors Degree, preferably in Computer Science or related field
- Excellent coding skills in Java
- Strong understanding of relational databases and proficiency with MySQL
- Experience with API design - RESTful paradigms and best practices
- Superior problem-solving skills and debugging capabilities
- Flexible and self starting
Nice to Have:
- Interest in working with multiple parts of the stack
- Experience with a cloud platform: AWS, Google Cloud Platform, etc.
- Python scripting
- Experience supporting highly-available software systems at scale
For further information on this opportunity, please contact Stephen Kelly on firstname.lastname@example.org