In this role, you will lead the global logistics operations and execution for warehousing and transportation modes to optimize customer service and rates.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for Logistics strategy and execution with primary emphasis on global transportation
- Meeting and exceeding customer expectations as measured by KPIs.
- Lead development and execution for global portfolio customer fulfillment
- Logistics strategy development with focus on synergy development
- Leads strategic sourcing process
- Builds contingency plans to accommodate logistics delays
- Develops strategic supplier relationships in order to influence and deliver results for key division initiatives and operational outcomes
- Identifies and leads efficiency opportunities from initiation through execution
- Independently problem solve leveraging data analytics, present recommendation to key stakeholders and alignment
- Delivers annual logistics savings goal aligned
- Executes and contributes to identification and development of strategic logistics opportunities
- Supports the commitment of company funds for logistics services
- Lead for division supply chain operations leaders collaborating to resolve operational issues with providers
- Develops comprehensive logistics category knowledge. Strong working knowledge of operations.
- Builds and maintains a multi-functional network of stakeholders in order to ensure that any strategy supports the needs of the business,
- Bachelors Degree preferably in Supply Chain or Business
- Minimum 8 - 10 years’ experience in logistics or other related supply chain field.
- Emphasis in transportation freight forwarding and over-the-road transportation modes
- Strategic sourcing experience including negotiation leadership to drive efficiency, value and savings
- Strong data analytics skills and ability to leverage data to support recommendation for key initiatives
- Mastery of excel including proficiency in excel macros. Complex excel analysis required.
- Proficient communication skills; verbal and written for recommendations and presentations
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to identify a problem, work with the extended team to frame it, determine root cause, drive to potential solutions, build and present a business case, and communicate effectively to leadership to garner support
- Experience with Lean and/or Six Sigma manufacturing concepts a plus