Senior Manufacturing Engineer- Contract role- long term with potential to become permanent.
This role requires a Manufacturing Engineer with knowledge of EU MDR, medical devices, Change control management, risk assessments and documentation management. This role will be primarily remote work based.
• Conceives and plans complex projects and studies involving process or product costs, process control, or other labor related issues.
• Estimates time and material costs to support cost estimating requirements.
• Refines the cost estimating process in manufacturing engineering.
• Assists in the development and justification of capital expenditures.
• Provides estimates in the development and coordination of a 5‐year capital budget.
• Plans and performs a wide variety of manufacturing related assignments of major complexity requiring a high degree of technical and professional competence.
• Develops manufacturing labour standards by conducting time studies and evaluating methods used in fabrication and assembly areas and inputting data into labour models.
• Designs plant or work area layouts for multiple manufacturing lines.
• Applies statistical methods and performs mathematical calculations to determine manufacturing processes, staff requirements, and production standards.
• Recommends methods for improving worker efficiency and reducing waste of materials and utilities such as restructuring job duties, reorganizing workflow, relocating workstations or equipment.
• Performs all operations according to prescribed safety environmental principles.
• Supports process engineering and product engineering on design for manufacturing activities and continuous improvement.
• Responsible for communicating business related issues or opportunities to next management level .
• Minimum education of mechanical or biomedical engineering degree or equivalent.
• Typically, 5+ years’ experience in the manufacturing/design/development of medical devices.
• Strong understanding of basic engineering principles.
• Strong problem‐solving capability.
• Ability to work well under deadlines and pressure.
• Ability to communicate clearly, accurately, and directly, both verbally and in writing, to a widely varied audience.
• Able to work on own initiative and as a team player.
• Good planning and organizational skills
• Clear communicator
• Good judgment and problem‐solving ability and is capable of understanding the impact of decision making on both client and end users.
• Able to build good, strong and positive working relationships with cross functional teams internationally
Any applicant will need to have a valid visa (Stamp 4) or an EU passport to apply for this role as there is no visa sponsorship offered with this role.