Works independently, calling on experts as required, to deliver designs for our clients.
Ensures all marine designs are in accordance with set standards and all recommendations are robust, value-based and commissionable.
Ensures that designs are delivered on time to our clients and that the design fulfils the client’s brief
Inspects structures and construction work and ensures that all aspects of design are correctly implemented.
Monitors processes and results and ensures that they comply with relevant safety, legal, ethical and regulatory requirements.
Ability to make appropriate judgments and decisions and exercise initiative.
Preparation of tender documentation.
- 5-10 years of industry experience.
- Masters in Civil Engineering or similar with experience in the field of marine civil engineering.
- Chartered or near chartered with the ICE or equivalent.
- Has proven technical knowledge of specific subject areas pertaining to marine works and proven ability to use relevant software.
- Has proven knowledge of marine statutory permitting.
- Has experience in the design and inspection of marine structures.
- Has an understanding of port and harbour operations.
- Has an understanding of marine environmental issues and constraints.
- Has a willingness and ability to contribute to business development and the growth of the business.
- Experienced & confident with report writing and presentation skills.
- Can communicate effectively with clients, colleagues and outside agencies and build effective working relationships and willingness to exceed client expectations.
- Adheres to all Codes of Practice Design Standards and Health and Safety Regulations.
- Is committed to Continued Professional Development and that of others.
- Working knowledge of BS 6349, Eurocodes and related marine guidance.