Experienced Senior Mechanical Design Engineer required for a medical device R&D company based in Dublin.
6 month contract initially
Position requires the successful individual to work onsite roughly 50% of the time.
The Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for performing design and analysis to support Engineering activities associated with high volume disposable kits and Complex Electromechanical Instruments.
The ideal candidate will have plastics design and tooling experience (SolidWorks), excellent analysis skills, mechanical engineering experience and a good understanding of medical devices.
Strong communicator with excellent problem solving abilities and the aoility to drive change controls.
• Demonstrate strong and clear accountability/responsibility for successful and timely completion of designated tasks
• Define and review tolerance stack-up analysis for complex mechanical assemblies
• Participate in design reviews, FMEA's and design verification programs
• Prepare technical files and update documents including product specifications, DHF, drawings and bills of materials
• Establish test protocols for characterization and verification testing
• Execution of test protocols for device & packaging characterization.
• Maintain DHF (Design History Files), update DMR (Device Master Records), support human factor studies when necessary, and manage post approval device changes.
• Develop an understanding of customer needs and processes to ensure relevant and innovative product development solutions
• Generate novel solutions to improve product performance or enhance products' ability to address customer needs