Our client, a market-leading smart grid technology and services company headquartered in Limerick is recruiting a Senior Networking and Protocol Specialist to join their Team. As Senior Networking and Protocol Specialist you will play a key role in the development and operation of state-of-the-art network of Smart Grid IOT devices delivering valuable services power grids internationally. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with inhouse hardware and software development teams, and also our operations teams to develop world leading integrated solutions.
Their state-of-the-art systems are designed to provide the fast frequency response services that are needed to facilitate increased integration of renewable energy on the power grid. The company was recently named the fastest growing technology company in Ireland at the Deloitte Fast 50 Awards in 2019. They are beginning to expand globally, with plans to implement energy system services in a number of other countries.
As Senior Networking and Protocol Specialist, you will play a leading role in the development and operation of a state-of-the-art network of Smart Grid IOT devices. You will liaise closely with Innovation team members and other key internal/external stakeholders to ensure that the solutions best meet the needs of the company and the evolving needs of international Smart Grids.
Responsibilities will include:
- Research and keep up-to-date with the latest developments in Smart Grid protocols
- Work with the Embedded and Software Systems teams to identify and implement the most suitable protocols for their platform
- Liaise with Transmission and Distribution System Operators to deliver efficient communication solutions
- Take a leading role in designing and developing solutions that allow systems to integrate with 3rd party Distributed Energy Resource systems
- 5+ years of relevant experience within the electricity or industrial automation industry
- Knowledge of common protocols used for power system communications (e.g. ICCP, IEC 61850, IEEE 2030.5, OpenADR, IEC 104)
- Experience working with SCADA systems
- Good understanding of networking fundamentals
- Understanding of operational technologies and automated systems
- PLC programming experience/education
- Degree or higher in computer science, engineering or related field
- Experience working with electricity system operators or demand response aggregators
- Experience working with Distributed Energy Resource Management Systems (DERMS)
- Experience of project management methodologies such as Agile or Lean
Enquiries to [email protected] | 087 2950180