Purpose: Working closely with the Strategy team, the Senior Planner is responsible for the strategic output of the agency and lead planning for allocated brands and campaigns. At its core, the role of Planner is about understanding people’s behaviour and beliefs in order to define brands’ problems and objectives with the aim of providing clients with a competitive advantage in the market.
Planning & Strategy
• Conducting and cascading as appropriate relevant research to understand or deepen knowledge on markets, competitive environments, and target audiences of our clients’ brands.
• Conducting market research and to develop research briefs, observing research, and conducting analysis/developing research findings into actionable next steps.
• Research and acquire knowledge quickly in scientifically complex therapy areas where required.
• Strategic development through boiling down information, insights, and research findings into a brand/comms strategy that is simple yet powerful, and aligned with what the clients’ brands really need.
• Lead end-to-end projects from unpicking the brief through to workshop moderation, strategic development, analytics, and reporting.
• Championing consistency of use of processes across all parts of the agency to ensure a collective understanding of the tools and processes used with the strategy planning process.
• Support wider agency strategy through everyday work, to effectively build client brands, create business opportunities and support business growth.
• Bachelor’s degree in any discipline;
• 4+ years or equivalent experience in brand communications agencies in scientific/medical roles, working with the Strategy team (directly or indirectly)
• Passion and understanding of science
• A genuine passion and interest in people, communications strategy, and the creative industry
• Great analytical and presentation skills
• Exemplary, resourceful problem solver with a creative flair
• Great time management skills
• Great communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
• Strong ability to translate complex thoughts/ideas for any audience
• Ability to develop strong client relationships and lead interactions
• Bachelor’s degree in a health-related discipline
• A competitive salary and benefits.
• Tremendous opportunities for personal growth and development.
• A vibrant, collaborative office environment.