Our client is seeking a highly experienced engineer to focus on all stages of the product development process from concept generation through to commercialisation. They provide a defined technical career path with ample developmental opportunities to progress to higher levels of technical leadership roles in the organisation.
• Continually identify and assess opportunities for device, technology & process development
• Work from basic clinical need through opportunity assessment and device concept to prototype
• Interaction with physicians to distil their needs into product requirements and concepts
• Provide leadership in technical innovation across the department
• Identify and mitigate technological risks throughout the design process
• Apply understanding of anatomy & physiology with engineering knowledge in materials and processes to come up with working designs
• May be required to progress a project from concept phase into commercialization phase and play a key role on the product /process /engineering /leadership fronts
• May be required to resolve technical challenges with existing designs and support portfolio sustaining activities
• Coach, mentor and delegate work to less experienced engineers
• Define and implement strategic goals in the technical community in line with the business unit strategy
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• We are looking for a qualified person to Degree level in Engineering or related discipline with 10 - 15 years relevant experience – additional relevant qualifications may be advantageous.
• This role is primarily technical in nature, thus we seek someone who is passionate about Engineering concepts and principles
• You are a dynamic team player and leader and can work effectively and proactively on cross-functional teams.
• You are experienced with medical device product development and have a strong proven track record in innovation and project/program management.
• You are a seasoned professional in engineering development with extensive engineering knowledge and skills in some or all of the following: component and system design, materials (polymers and metals), sterilization of medical devices, test method development, design for six sigma principles, CAD (Solidworks preferred), pre-clinical evaluations, physician interactions, knowledge of anatomical use conditions (anatomy, physiology etc.), system requirements development, design control, application of ISO standards for medical devices
• Strong communication and presentation skills are desirable, fluent in English, both in writing and speaking.
Contact Brenda on 0858723761, email@example.com for more information