My client, a global pharmaceutical company in South Dublin, is recruiting for a Senior Process Chemist/ Engineer. This role will be a permanent position in the Production Department, reporting to the Senior Manager for Bulk Production.
Your role will be as a key member of the team responsible for the operation of the production area and with that team you will contribute to the delivery of Safety, Quality, Delivery ,Cost and Improvement targets.
Your key partnerships will be with your Production, Quality, Engineering , Safety and Manufacturing Science and Technology colleagues.
You will work with a high-level of autonomy within cross-functional teams acting as production lead in process investigations, identifying root cases and delivering process improvements.
The primary tasks of the role include (but are not limited to):
· Act as the SME for production processes in cross functional teams/projects.
· Carrying out thorough and structured investigations into process issues.
· Proactively working on process improvements before issues occur.
· Leading and implementing change to key areas of production.
· Supporting the on time release of product as required.
· Deputize for the production manager as required.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
The ideal candidate will have at a minimum a third level qualification (NFQ Level 8 or higher) in Chemistry, Process Engineering or a relevant discipline. Qualification to a NFQ level 9 or 10 (Msc/ PhD) is preferable but not essential.
· Minimum of 5 years relevant experience within the Pharmaceutical industry
· Broad ranging process improvement based experience & problem solving abilities
· Knowledge & experience of bulk pharmaceutical production.
· Strong understanding of GMP and a right first time approach
· Competency and experience in structured problem solving. Lean six sigma certified to a Green belt level or higher
For a full Job Spec and to apply for this role please call Zoe on +353 1 2784671 or e-mail email@example.com
Thornshaw Scientific Recruitment is a leading Irish provider of specialist Scientific Recruitment. Part of the CPL Group. www.thornshaw.com Tel: +353 1 2784671