Senior Product Characterisation Scientist
On Behalf of my client, I am recruiting for a Senior Product Characterisation Scientist.
The Successful candidate will be the Product Characterisation representative on cross-functional project teams.
· Development, troubleshooting and validation of analytical methods for active ingredients, impurities and solvents in finished products
· Development and execution of physico-chemical testing protocols, including stability evaluations, to fulfil regulatory requirements
· Liaise with external consultants, CROs, test facilities and other internal departments (e.g. Reg team and QA) to ensure completion of all Product Characterisation activities
· Evaluation of laboratory data and preparation of reports in a time efficient manner and providing recommendations or conclusions as appropriate.
· Product Characterisation representative on cross-functional project teams
· Recognized 3rd level scientific qualification in a relevant Science discipline, preferably analytically focused
· 2-3 years’ experience in an analytical science regulated industry setting is preferred
· An excellent scientific aptitude with a good working knowledge of chromatographic analysis and physical property testing. Experience with Empower is an advantage
· Extensive experience with traditional analytical techniques as well as modern instrumental equipment (HPLC, UPLC, GC). Experience with mass spectrometry is an advantage.
· Ability to present clear and concise written reports to support specific regulatory requests
· Perform tasks under pressure in an accurate, timely and efficient manner
· Excellent attention to detail is a must
· Ability to work on own initiative or as part of a team, in meeting strict timelines, along with the ability to mentor and train junior members of the team
· Experience in Lean/Agile project management an advantage
For a full Job Spec and to apply for this role please call Ciara on +353 1 2784671 or
Thornshaw Scientific Recruitment is a leading Irish provider of specialist Scientific Recruitment. Part of the CPL Group. www.thornshaw.com Tel: +353 1 2784671