Senior Product Engineer
Any applicant must have an existing work permit or visa for Ireland to apply. (Stamp 4 or an EU passport).
Our Global Medical Device Client in Galway is seeking a Senior Product Engineer.
- Partner with Technical Sourcing to locate, evaluate, and approve new potential component/material suppliers that balance business, quality, and technical requirements.
- Drive supplier requirements by collaborating with Development Engineering and other cross-functional partners to clarify design intent, identify critical features, and assess feature risk. Partner with suppliers to ensure components are designed for reliability, manufacturability, and cost.
- Perform process and component/material development work with suppliers to deliver highly capable components/materials. Applies principles of chemistry, physics and material behaviors in the development of supplier processes.
- Define component qualification strategy, partner with suppliers to develop qualification plan, report performance, and demonstrate release readiness. Support project deliverables, supply risk reduction, yield improvement and cost reduction activities during development
- Work to develop proper inspection tooling and test methods for new components to ensure supplier parts meet specification requirements. Perform statistical data analysis to determine tool and part/process performance. Evaluate Supplier capabilities for mechanical measurement via Gage R&R studies. Ensure appropriate acceptance activities are in place prior to commercialization.
- Lead issue resolution of complex problems as they relate to supplied components and materials. Ensure corrective and preventive measures meet acceptable standards of robustness and effectiveness.
- Plan, execute, and communicate own work and educating others on work products. Provide regular, timely communication to manager and project team regarding status of assigned activities.
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Third Level – Level 8 Degree in Science, Engineering or related discipline and 5 years’ experience in component/materials development, reliability, manufacturing or processing/component fabrication
- Applied knowledge of DOE, SPC, FMEA, Gage R&R, Basic Statistics
- Demonstrated technical writing skills
- Proficient in MS Office - MS Project focus
- Experienced with inspection equipment and material testing processes
- Capable of coordinating cross functionally with groups such as Design Engineering, Sourcing, Commodity management, and Quality to resolve issues and provide status of assigned activities
- Masters in Materials Science or Engineering
- Six Sigma green belt or black belt certified
- Design for Reliability and Manufacturability knowledge
- Excellent communication skills; both written and oral, internal and external to the company.
- Expert level statistics and DOE knowledge
- Demonstrated success in process improvement and control
- Understanding of material properties and how they can be impacted by Supplier processes.
- Advanced knowledge of measurement systems and Supplier processes (EDM, CNC, Laser, Chemical, Plasma, Stamping, Milling, Polymer Processing, Molding, Extrusion, etc.); advantages/disadvantage of various manufacturing methods for different commodity types, manufacturability, assembly, and process control.
- Experience with ANSI Y14.5M requirements (GDT)
- Product and Clinical Understanding; knowledge of vascular anatomy, physiology, primary disease states and Cardiovascular products