Our client a leading Pharmaceutical development / manufacturer are looking to appoint Senior Production Technicians at their site in Wiltshire.
The successful candidate will be joining the their Unit, who are responsible for the manufacture of the UK’s licenced anthrax vaccine.
As a Senior Production Technician, the post holder will work in aseptic cleanrooms, using high-grade isolators for bulk processing activities, as well as maintaining and monitoring the facility and critical GMP records.
The Senior Production Technician should have an interest in working within a manufacturing environment and with the Quality systems associated with cGMP manufacture.
They should be able to communicate clearly, possessing good writing and data entry skills.
Lastly applicants should be able to work effectively as part of a team, be proactive and able to work on their own initiative when required. The successful Senior Production Technician will report to the Production Supervisor and will support the Production Supervisor to meet team targets by ensuring manufacturing operations are performed in a timely and compliant manner to cGMP requirements.
· Perform a range of routine Production and some non-routine technical procedures and understand the rationale behind the procedures and practices.
· Undertake all work in accordance with the companies Code of Safety Practice, Quality System and all other regulatory requirements.
· Follow defined procedures, policies, rules, regulations and guidelines for all activities to ensure product meets the required standard.
· Generate and review documentation with regard to Risk Assessments and cGMP to ensure compliance of the unit with all necessary regulations.
· Work diligently at all times. Complete documentation and records accurately and to a high standard.
· Ensure the unit is maintained in a compliant state. Work to cGMP following Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Codes of Practice. Keep updated on new rules and regulations.
· Maintain production areas to the required standard using defined cleaning procedures.
· Perform and record environmental monitoring and water sampling in cGMP areas in accordance with documented procedures. Monitor and record air pressures and hot and cold facility temperatures.
· Analyse information and make decisions based on assessment.
· Assist validation department with validation protocols on equipment.
· Maintain and use a variety of laboratory equipment.
· Work with a range of hazardous and non-hazardous chemicals.
· Be competent in and perform aseptic techniques.
· Be qualified to work in a clean room environment and in containment level 3 suites.
· Work accurately and with good hand eye co-ordination, sometimes for prolonged periods of time.
· Operate autoclaves and sterilising ovens and have an appropriate level of understanding to review cycle data as a senior operator.
· Have current right to work in the UK;
· GCSE (grades A – C) in Maths, English and Science or relevant experience
· Worked within a manufacturing environment and with the Quality systems associated with cGMP manufacture.