Reporting to the Membrane Process & Technology Manager, the Membrane Project Engineer is responsible for the development & optimisation of existing processes through the identification & execution of Equipment & Automation Upgrade Projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsible for all Equipment & Automation Upgrade Projects across two Membrane Manufacturing Areas.
- Develop submissions for the Operating Plan, through preparation of quotation-based budgets and forecasts for Process & Technology capital spend.
- Investigate, scope, execute & implement key Equipment Upgrades as required.
- Identify opportunities to improve Equipment / Automation.
- Project Manage & Project Engineer all projects including:
- Compilation of Capital Spend Plans
- Development of Project Options including Cost / Benefit Analysis for each option
- Development of Project Charters & Detailed Project Schedules
- Report regularly on Project Status to key stakeholders such as at the Monthly Projects Review
- Meet all quality control requirements such as Process Change Control / Validation.
- Evaluate new technology which may be considered for use.
- Work closely with Controls, Electrical, Process, Operations, EH&S and Quality on all projects.
- Solutions for projects to be developed with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Communication of project status through regular scheduled communications, both formal and informal with internal and external stakeholders.
- Recommend / design appropriate trial activities in collobration with Process, Operations, EH&S, Quality, Controls & Electrical colleagues. Ensure all trial activities are clearly documented.
- Analyse and implement corrections to technical issues relating to production processes, ensuring the process works at the optimum level, to the right rate and quality of output, in order to meet supply needs.
- Support EHS Compliance & Facility Upgrade Projects.
- Ensure that all appropriate personnel are fully trained on all new technologies introduced as part of each project.
- Ensure compliance in accordance with cGMP and safety rules on new & existing equipment.
- Ensure all Process Engineering documentation is fully auditable.
B. Eng. In Mechanical / Chemical Engineering or equivalent.
Minimum 7-10years experience in Medical Device/ Bioprocessing / Pharma industry
- Effective verbal, written & interpersonal communication skills.
- The ability to work effectively within a team environment.
- Self-motivated with the ability to learn new technologies & skills in a timely manner.
- Strong organisational, time management and planning ability.
- Computer literate Excel, Word, Powerpoint etc.
- Project focused, strong organisational & time management skills
- Methodical work approach.