South Dublin mental health service
Cpl Healthcare are seeking a Senior Social Worker to join a highly reputable service based in south Dublin, supporting adults with enduring mental illnesses and complex needs within a specialised rehabilitation programme, aiding them to regain the skills and confidence to live independently.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Social Worker to play an integral and active role in a committed Multidisciplinary Team to make a significant contribution in the area of social work.
The role will also provide supports to residents who will require longer term care in our services.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Provide a professional social work service to the attending patient population, family and relevant others in our services.
• Assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of social work programmes for residents according to professional standards and to keep abreast of developments in the field.
• Manage patient care to ensure the highest professional standards using an evidence-based, care planning approach.
• Collaboration with resident, family, carers and other staff in goal setting and support/intervention planning.
• Participate in the multi-disciplinary/healthcare team and work in co-operation and collaboration with team members.
• Maintain comprehensive clinical records of assessments, interventions carried out, communications relating to residents.
• Manage, participate and play a key role in the practice education of student social workers and promote and engage in the teaching/training/support of others as appropriate.
The successful candidates will meet the following requirements:
•Hold a degree in Social Work or an equivalent qualification and be eligible for membership with the Irish Association of Social Workers.
•Five years full time post qualification clinical experience.
•Have established clinical experience in working with individuals with serious and enduring mental health conditions in the area of mental health rehabilitation.
•Have significant experience in homeless services and forensic mental health services.
•Energetic individual with solid clinical experience in working as part of a multi-disciplinary team of diverse clinicians and strong knowledge of the concepts and operation of Clinical Governance.
•Strong ability to teach, manage, participate and play a key role in the practice education of student social workers and promote and engage in the teaching/training/support of others as appropriate.
For more information, please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Brian on 01-482 5421.