Senior Software Engineer
Our client is a leading Financial Services/FinTech firm investing heavily in shaping the next generation of risk modelling and capital management capabilities via an AWS-based platform transformation. Initial prototypes are pushing the scalability limits of Fargate and Lambda on the compute side, generating multi-terabyte outputs to support advanced analytics atop a data mesh architecture. They are seeking top talent to support this transformation journey.
Our client is recruiting for a talented, highly motivated Senior Software Engineer with a proven track record of distributed software applications and Python programming skills. The successful candidate will work within their development team on the architecture and implementation of distributed Python applications, both on premise and in AWS. Additionally, you will take ownership of driving enhancements and evolving solutions, using a combination of stakeholder feedback and data from production operations. This is an excellent opportunity for any individual looking to grow their development, architectural and leadership skillsets through working in a fast-paced and rapidly changing business environment.
· Partner with stakeholders to establish key requirements for our solutions. Then working with the engineering team on the design and implementation of Cloud-based architectures that meet both functional and non-functional requirements.
· Owning application lifecycles and roadmaps, driving improvements and enhancements based on feedback from stakeholders and data derived from production operations.
· Collaborate with delivery managers, product owners, QA, and other engineers on day-to-day execution, communicating effectively throughout.
· Contribute to shaping overall our systems strategy. Enhancing our development processes & engineering culture.
· Promote architectural best-practices. Support leadership in mentoring junior software developers in the same.
· Contribute to a culture of innovation and agile development best practices.
· Embrace the culture and consistently demonstrate day-to-day.
- Extensive experience in Python development including working on frameworks such as Pandas.
- Prior experience architecting and delivering distributed software systems to meet specified functional and non-functional requirements.
- Solid Linux and scripting background.
- General problem-solving mentality.
- Strong communication skills. The ability to collaborate with different teams on solutions for a variety of different business, code & data-related issues.
- Experience of using Infrastructure as Code tools such as Terraform, CloudFormation or CDK.
- Exposure to monitoring and observability tools such as ELK stack, Prometheus and CloudWatch.
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins and GOCD.
- Experience developing cloud-native applications (AWS preferred).
- Experience using container orchestration tools such as Rancher, Docker Compose or Kubernetes.
- Prior experience in working in the Financial Services/Insurance industry is a plus.
- Reasonable understanding of math/statistics beneficial.
- Prior experience working in an Agile/Scrum development environment.
What to Expect:
- A flat team structure and a highly collaborative culture that values progress over perfection and encourages creativity, innovation, and diversity.
- A highly motivated global team of colleagues.
- A supportive environment where team members work closely together to achieve shared goals.
- A flexible working style.
- Training and development opportunities to enable you to stay at the forefront of your professional field.