Senior Software Engineer C#
Our exclusive client Global Payments Integrated are looking to add a Senior Software Developer C# to their high performing engineering team. Based in Belfast you will be a part of a dynamic, supportive and collaborative engineering team that performs a huge variety of functions across a truly global business.
Every day Global Payments Integrated makes it possible for millions of people to move money between buyers and sellers using their payments solutions for credit, debit, prepaid and merchant services.
Their worldwide team helps over 3 million companies, more than 1,300 financial institutions and over 600 million cardholders grow with confidence and achieve amazing results.
They are driven by their passion for success and are proud to deliver best-in-class payment technology and software solutions.
You will utilise state-of-the-art software development techniques, including Behavioural Driven Development and Continuous Delivery.
You, and your team, will be focused on employing a variety of transport and wire protocols to help our payment partners integrate to our APIs. You'll work across a variety of different situations and types of projects, ranging from a team of one to a team of many.
You will be comfortable working in short development cycles, highly focused on design and thrive in an environment of continuous improvement, retrospective kaizens, and shared learning.
You will be analytical, adhere to best practice and be meticulous with your documentation.
What you'll be doing:
· Understanding customer needs, problems, and expectations and take action to meet customers’ needs
· Using and apply C#, database technologies and web technologies to build server-side products
· Developing new ways to simplify or in other ways to improve the method in which a task is done
· Identifying problems, issues, collect and integrate information from a variety of sources to establish a course of action and communicate the issue and solutions clearly and concisely
· Collaborating with team members to ensure that deliverables are technically accurate and useful in a timely manner
· Identifying critical activities & tasks on projects, contribute beyond assigned tasks; adjusts priorities when appropriate
· Converting concepts and plans into work procedures and carry out group plans efficiently and according to plan
· Analysing problems from a practical point of view and evaluate ideas and suggestions so that the team can make balanced decisions
· Contributing to project success by providing ideas, strategies, improving communication among team members and executing decisions.
· Assisting in project management activities: Estimation, Scheduling, Planning, Tracking progress
· Assisting with software deployment activities to our production data centre
What we ask for:
· BSc or MSc in Computer Science or related field or commercial experience of developing in C#, Java or any other OO programming language
· 2+ years' post-graduate experience
· Experience in server product development
· Experience with Design Patterns, Refactoring, OO Design and related areas
· An understanding of database design and development
What we'd like you to have (but don't need immediately):
What’s in it for you:
· Attractive Salary
· Flexible working with the option to work from home
· Free car parking at the office
· 25 days holiday (+ 10 statutory days) & option to buy extra days per year
· Private Medical Insurance
· Health Cash Plan
· Income protection
· Life Insurance
· Group Personal Pension Plan (matched up to 5%)
· Cycle To Work Scheme
· Office lunches
· Summer/Christmas Parties + social events throughout the year