Senior Software Engineer (DevOps)
3M is seeking Senior Data Scientists for the Digital Science Community in Dublin, Ireland. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
This is more than a job. It’s an invitation to discover how your skills can transform our world.
The 3M Digital Science Community (DSC) represents elite technology professionals sharing knowledge and ideas to create new digital products as a part of our research and development team. Together, we’re using the power of innovation to shape a brighter, more connected planet using advanced digital tools and technologies.
We believe great potential shines in the presence of great purpose. Join us and embrace your opportunity to co-create new technology that will resonate for years to come.
Collaborate with Innovative 3Mers Around the World
Choosing where to start and grow your career has a major impact on your professional and personal life, so it’s equally important you know that the company that you choose to work at, and its leaders, will support and guide you. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies and products, 3M is a place where you can collaborate with 93,000 other curious, creative 3Mers.
“The impact 3M has on people’s lives and communities around the globe is amazing. As the leader of 3M’s global community giving, I am incredibly proud to be part of and work alongside 3Mers, community partners and customers committed to making positive social change.” – Michael Stroik, director of 3Mgives
At this time, Health Care Business Group employees will be given consideration for this opening.
The Impact You’ll Make in this Role
As a(n) Senior Software Engineer (DevOps), you will have the opportunity to tap into your curiosity and collaborate with some of the most innovative and diverse people around the world. Here, you will make an impact by:
- Designing and developing cloud automation necessary to deploy across 3M HIS’ global cloud environments using products such as CloudFormation, Terraform, and Python
- Leading AWS design and enhancements to meet the regulatory, compliance, and technical needs of non-commercial environments
- Architecting cloud ready, high scale, resilient products and services that follow AWS Well-Architected principles
- Leading efforts to capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the 3M HIS technical community
- Collaborating with other technical leadership teams to define standards and guidelines to continually improve the security posture and overall technical design of 3M HIS products
- Communicating strategy and vision effectively to audiences from developer community to executive
- Participating in relevant corporate programs/initiatives
- Ensuring professional, quality and security standards are complied with while performing assigned duties
- Complying with corporate policies and procedures while acting in a manner consistent with 3M’s values and ethical standards
Your Skills and Expertise
To set you up for success in this role from day one, 3M is looking for candidates who must have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher from an accredited university
- Minimum of 5 years writing code or building products to automate the management of IT/Infrastructure services
- Minimum of 3 years of Cloud experience (AWS, GCP, Azure or IBM Cloud)
- Experience with software engineering best practices (code reviews, source control, and build processes)
- Experience with Python, Ruby or Go
- Experience with shell scripting (Bash, PowerShell)
- Linux and Docker experience
Additional qualifications that could help you succeed even further in this role include:
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience with Terraform, Cloud Formation, Ansible, Jenkins
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience with enterprise software deployments and testing
- Deep AWS Network or Security experience
- Certification: AWS DevOps Engineer / AWS Certified Developer
- Master’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- Strong communication skills – written and verbal
Travel: Occasional travel may be required
Relocation Assistance: May be authorized
Location: Dublin, IRL
Must be legally authorized to work in the country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status