Senior Software Engineer - Galway
My client, one of the world's leading financial services companies, is seeking an experienced Software Engineer to join their Galway organisation. This role offers fantastic career progression and development. This role also offers a competitive compensation package.
*You do not need prior financial services experience, although it is advantageous
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer who has a keen interest to work on both client and server-side development within an agile environment.
The Expertise We’re Looking For
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years of design & development experience.
- Desired skillset Java, Springboot, AWS Cloud
- Expertise with Continuous Integration practices and automated deployment tools.
- Experience of working with a distributed team.
- Experience with Agile Scrum methodology desired.
- Experience working in financial services desired.
- Familiarity with Kafka is beneficial but not mandatory.
The Purpose of Your Role
The successful candidate will be a member of a team that are at the forefront of engineering in Asset Management Technology with a high level of focus on quality practices such as TDD, ATDD, Continuous Integration/Delivery and engineering excellence. We seek a senior engineer who is versatile, always eager to tackle new problems and continue to push technology forward. This position is intended for an individual contributor who has strong engagement skills, the ability to work effectively in a cross-functional Agile scrum team and ideally has knowledge of the investment management industry.
The Skills You Bring
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to provide technical leadership to your team.
- Collaborative in your approach, actively contributing to how work gets completed.
The Value You Deliver
- Deliver high quality, timely, cost effective and maintainable software solutions in an agile environment to meet functional and non-functional business requirements.
- Actively contribute to test automation code and practices.
- Actively contribute to engineering practices such as code and design reviews and the definition of source control strategy, environment strategy, and build and deployment pipeline.
- Work with product owner, technical lead and architect as required to influence technical enhancements to the platform.
- Develop a strong understanding of the business domain you are working on and actively contribute to technology discussions with business partners and other external parties.
- Contribute to software development as an individual contributor on a development track.
- Provide 3rd level production support, where and when necessary.
For an immediate interview, hit APPLYor send your CV to [email protected]
Please note this is a hybrid role that requires 5 days per month onsite in Galway based office
*you must be eligible to work full time in Ireland