Excellent opportunity to work as a Senior Software Test Infrastructure Engineer, initially in a remote aspect. Please note we can only consider candidates with an EU Visa or Stamp 4 Visa as sponsorship is not supplied.
The Software Engineer Test Infrastructure is a highly skilled, hands-on senior engineering position suitable for a curious, independent and tenacious engineer with a large arsenal of talents.
Although the position is within a test group, the responsibilities for this role are solidly engineering and DevOps focused. The position combines software engineering and infrastructure skills to design, build, maintain and evolve complex test infrastructure to support the test automation of Clover devices against the Clover backend infrastructure within a remote device lab environment.
Success in the position will require a broad engineering ‘builder’ mindset and the ability to take responsibility for work with minimal guidance. The successful candidate will provide reliable solutions that solve concrete problems. Candidates must be comfortable with multi-tasking, assimilating new concepts and applying experience and judgement to continuously evaluate and prioritize incoming tasks.
This role is for someone who is motivated to take responsibility. For the right candidate, this is a dream job. For everyone else, a very difficult challenge.
- Software development and maintenance (Approx. 40% of role)
- Implement/debug/enhance REST services and service endpoints for robot/test functions, primarily Java/SpringBoot
- Sysadmin, DevOps, SRE (troubleshooting, debugging) (Approx. 30% of role)
- Maintain linux/raspberryPi, windows single-board computers and virtual machines (ubuntu, centos, rasbian)
- Keep test automation hardware running
- Maintain Jenkins installation, manage jobs
- Exploration, investigation, analysis, cross-team/site coordination (Approx. 30% of role)
- evaluate and improve the existing SDK test architecture's efficacy and efficiency
- evaluate and expand the architecture to increase test coverage via new functionality
- track upcoming SDK/protocol functionality and evaluate impacts on test infrastructure and architecture
If you are ticking the majoring of these boxes, please send me an up date CV to email@example.com or call 091 507 537 / 085 872 3588