Location: Remote working
Duration 6-12 months
On behalf of our Client, we are seeking an experienced Senior Solution Architect to be responsible for defining end to end solutions and / or business offerings to meet the functional and non-functional requirements of the end customer while ensuring it is costed, delivered to specification and can be operated. You will have specific skills and knowledge in Issue Management and ServiceNow architecture and capabilities for implementing an Issue Management solution and linkages between the Clients Informatics products to ServiceNow.
It is the Solution Architects role to ensure that all elements of the solution are delivered including the business, application, technology layers while complying to information and security requirements and provision an operational service by directing the domain and functional experts within each of these domains.
• Create the end to end solution design to meet all the functional and non-functional requirements. Co-ordinate the design functions from subject matter expert groups and capability units to ensure that the solution is complete and has no overlapping points.
• Be able to clearly advise on areas of the solution that may cause issues to the customer and challenge the need of given requirements based on economic, time, business and complexity factors.
• Ensure that transitional architectural positions are factored into designs to allow the transition from as-is to to-be understanding all of the transitional points required, migration of data and workstreams required for delivery.
• Produce clear and concise documentation to define the solution and ensure that supporting lower level design assets have been created.
• Ensure that all solution(s) and components of undergo the correct level of governance and sign-off in compliance with policies and procedures.
• Influence Stakeholders via the use of presentation skills, verbal and oral communication and other influence techniques ensure that all stakeholders understand and agree to the solution.
• Ensure that all internal and external stakeholders understand the work you are conducting and are bought into the approach being used to deliver.
• Identify Risks and Issues. Quantify the impact of each occurring or not being met as well as creating mitigations and containments. Help define the factored impact of each resulting cost or time to the project / program of work.
• Be able to evaluate change requests made against the requirement scope of a solution and understand the impacts to design, time and cost of the change.
• Define the end to end costing of a solution based of the solution components designed. Be able to undertake different models of cost definition at different parts of the solution life cycle to deploy “top down”, “bottom up” “order of magnitude” or detailed costing.
• Work with the BAs and PMs to ensure time scales are understood and meet customer need. Work across the business to bring in appropriate people to deliver the solution. This may include corporate IT, HR, Finance, clinical SME or other elements of the business as required.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• A flexible attitude with respect to work assignments and new learning
• Ability to manage multiple and varied tasks with enthusiasm and prioritize workload with attention to detail.
• Shows Initiative and self-confidence is adaptable and is able to cope with changing and evolving priorities.
• Must have the ability to work methodically in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment
• Manages provision of consultancy services. In own areas of expertise, provides advice and guidance to consultants and/or the customer or other stakeholders through involvement in the delivery of consultancy services
Knowledge and Experience:
The candidate will ideally have 10 years’ experience in technical delivery and have a proven record in undertaking design and architecture activities. This can be demonstrated via experience of utilizing skills aligned to below areas and while not necessary, certification would be valuable
• Solution / Enterprise design qualification (e.g. TOGAF) or experience.
• Certification in design methodology (e.g. UML) or experience.
• Certification in scaled agile delivery (e.g. SAFe) or experience.
• Certification in agile delivery (e.g. scrum) or experience.
• Degree in Life Sciences, Engineering, or Computer Science field, or equivalent.