Sr Staff Systems Engineer
Work matters. It’s where we spend a third of our lives. And the workplace of the future is going to be a great place. We’re dedicated to bringing that to life for people everywhere. That’s why we put people at the heart of everything we do.
People matter. Our people have a passion for learning, building, and innovating. Whether you’re an engineer, a sales professional, a finance professional, or anything in-between, our roles aim to provide each person with meaningful impact and plenty of space to grow.
What you get to do in this role:
· Write and maintain software-defined declarative infrastructure, at scale.
· Develop new systems, services, and automation tools that can run in on-premise and cloud infrastructure
· Build orchestration workflows by leveraging features of the company’s platform.
· Research and implement new open-source and commercial tools, technologies, and methodologies.
· Collaborate with peer teams who have built world-class networking and orchestration solutions
· Grow your career and those around you, build a culture of a brand-new team.
To be successful in this role, we need someone who:
· Is a self-starting individual who is not afraid of figuring things out on their own.
· Has the ability to own and improve a mission-critical service, and appropriately respond to incidents and prioritization requests thereof
· Understands Linux infrastructure, virtualization, and containerization technology (VMware, KVM, Kubernetes, Azure, Terraform)
· Is comfortable authoring, testing, and debugging code in a popular systems language such as Python, Java, Ruby, Go, or C.
· Has a working understanding of related infrastructure concepts such as IP networking, block and file storage, load-balancers, etc.
· Has a working understanding of related internet protocols such as DNS, LDAP, NTP, SMTP, HTTP, etc.
· Is an excellent oral and written communicator.
· Has integrity, honesty and can uphold our company values.