On behalf of my client, a global company with locations in Ireland we are working with them on a new opportunity for a Senior Strategic Partnerships Manager.
The Senior Strategic Partnership Manager is a key member of the Business Development team, responsible for the following activities:
- Generate new business and establish new client relationships for the business unit (targeting large and mid-pharma, biotech, and CROs)
- Develop long-term strategic relationships with these clients to embed the services and establish reliable recurring revenue streams.
- Work as key member of focused strategic client teams to grow overall footprint and revenue (IRB, consulting, technology) with specific global clients
- Work with the broader business development teams to manage and progress leads/referrals across business units and actively participate in cross-selling program
- Follow-up inbound marketing leads as a source for new business
- Become a product expert capable of assessing client needs to position the optimal solution at client and study levels. Includes ability to:
- Explain and promote the platform’s features and benefits
- Demonstrate the platform – customized to the opportunity at hand and to the client’s needs
- Educate existing clients on new features and releases with a view to improving uptake and increasing revenue
- Work with Proposals team to configure and manage RFPs to conclusion, including handover to Operations and Contracts
- Work with Quality and IT to successfully process vendor qualification surveys and audits
- Work with the Operations group to drive the highest possible customer experience
- Escalate and quickly address client issues/concerns
- Degree in Business, Marketing, or Life Sciences or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 4-5 years’ experience working in the clinical research sector with a strong understanding of clinical trial implementation
Experience & Skills
- Strong understanding of clinical trial implementation
- Proven capability in managing client relationships in business development or operational settings
- Strong communication (written and oral) and presentation skills. Enjoys generating rapport.
- Ability to develop and execute a sales plan
- Strong business acumen