Cpl, in partnership with their client, Pfizer are recruiting for a Senior Tax Accountant for their Ringsend site.
This position will have tax reporting & compliance responsibility for a group of European markets and will report to the Senior Tax Manager. The primary focus of the work is US GAAP Tax Reporting, local country tax compliance and reporting, and managing the data requirements for local country tax audits. The individual filling this position will be expected to develop detailed knowledge of the tax regimes within his or her scope of responsibility. The Senior Tax Accountant will also be the primary contact for the GFS Global Financial Services colleagues who also have responsibilities for these entities. This position will work closely with and manage third-party providers where needed in the tax return process.
- Responsible for timely and accurate delivery of tax reporting processes including compliance and especially US GAAP Reporting
- Develop knowledge of major drivers impacting the tax and corporate position of their European Markets.
- Accountable for maintaining SOX controls for all processes relating to their markets.
- Make tax payments.
- Deliver Tax Returns following a standardized methodology, involving significant automation and assembly of final returns using tax return software where possible.
- Work with local advisors to sign off of tax returns based on materiality and risk
- Manage the data requirements for local country tax audit process, both directly and through the co-ordination of other contributors such as finance in-market colleagues, third-party providers and Shared Services.
- Work with European Tax Planners to exercise tax technical skills in making judgments on the tax treatment or tactical approach to be adopted in relation to issues arising in European markets.
- Actively participate in mergers, acquisition and reorganization projects
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of US GAAP accounting
- Knowledge of the principles of direct taxation and their interaction with reporting processes
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple market and project commitments. Multi-tasking is vital.
- Ability to explain technical accounting issues to key stakeholders, both orally and in writing
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Attention to detail is important.
- Strong commercial and business awareness
- Proficient in Excel
Education and Background
- Qualified accountant (ACCA, ACA)
- Relevant tax qualification desirable
- Minimum of 4 years’ post qualification experience in industry or a Big 4 accounting firm