Our Client is Europes largest and leading cooked Bacon manufacturers. They are currently looking for a Shift Line Manager to join their team.
Key Operational Responsibilities:
· Co-ordinate & Manage the cooking and packing of multiple products.
· Oversee daily factory production ensuring that handover from shift to shift is carried out in an efficient manner especially in relation to handoff of shortages and maintenance issues
· Ensure target yields are achieved for all products on all lines
· Responsibility for ensuring that the Production Plan is executed correctly, by communicating correctly and accurately with Supervisors and staff.
· Liaise with HR to organize staff for plan i.e. ensuring sufficient numbers and skills set
· Liaise with maintenance and Quality Assurance personnel to ensure smooth start up and running of equipment, and minimise down time
· To manage the cleaning of the plant from within your team in line with cleaning schedule
· Ensure all plant equipment is run to its full potential and that downtime is recorded accurately and is minimized through careful planning and organization. This is especially important at shift handover Achieve line efficiencies as agreed with BU Manager which will be constantly reviewed and improved upon with experience and/or introduction of new technology, leading to identifiable Measures of Performance
· Help, promote, supervise and encourage staff to deliver a quality product on a consistent basis by providing the example, commitment and information required and creating a positive working environment / atmosphere
· To consistently maintain the plant and its equipment in a clean, tidy and orderly manner
· To be totally knowledgeable on all aspects of the operation.
· Cooperate and assist with Internal and External audits and implement any ensuing Correcting / Preventative Actions
· Produce timely reports at the end of shift
· Quality Responsibilities:
· Health & Safety
· People & Team Management
· Equipment Maintenance
Key Competencies for role:
· Proactive to issues that arise
· Strong & Consistent Leader
· Strong People Management skills to engage, motivate, influence & build strong working relationships
· Quality Focused
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Programs
The ideal Candidate must come from a Food Processing background and have at least 4 + years plus of managing Production lines. This is a shift-based role
If you are interested in the position please contact Catriona.firstname.lastname@example.org or Tele: 087 2419644 in strictest confidence.