Data Centre Operations & Maintenance Technician (shift)
Northwest Business Park, Ballycoolin , Blanchardstown, Dublin
Shift Pattern Continental Shift Pattern, 14 x 12 hour shifts within 28 day cycle
Private Health Care & Pension Scheme available on joining
Purpose of this post:
This is a key role that will ensure the efficient operations and maintenance of all Critical Environment Equipment in the Data Centre. The person will be required to develop an in-depth knowledge of the Electrical & Mechanical systems and maintain all operational documentation to allow the whole Critical Environment Team operate and maintain the equipment safely and effectively. The Role will report to the FM and will work closely with the maintenance team.
Responsibilities include and not limited to:
- Train in the operation and maintenance of all critical facility systems.
- Areas include: Electrical, Mechanical, Building Monitoring and Control.
- Monitor the Facilities Operations as instructed and ensure that BMS and Fire System alarms are responded to in a timely manner.
- Operate, monitor, maintain, and respond to abnormal conditions in critical facility systems Perform preventative, corrective and emergency maintenance on state of the art medium and low voltage high availability power systems
- Ensure all subcontractors are inducted/permitted and managed closely within the maintenance domain.
- Ensure the Client work approval process is followed where applicable.
- Ensure that all areas under control are clean and tidy at all times – this will be a rostered activity
- Provide input into and develop site specific procedures including EOPs, SOPs, MOPs, Aps and EOP Drills Adherence to all quality, health & safety, and environmental policies within the CE domain
- Adherence to all Security Policies and Procedures that are required in Dublin Storage Facility
- Report health and safety breaches through the ‘HAZARD’ process Maintain the knowledge sharing and client first culture of the company.
Qualifications, Experience and Character:
- A fully verifiable Electrical or Mechanical trade qualification or degree and verifiable additional training that is relevant to the proposed environment.
- Understanding of LV power distribution and loading.
- Previous data center (or similar GMP) experience – preferred.
- A strong understanding and experience of the electrical systems used in a data centre environment, Including: Feeders, Transformers, Generators, Fuel Systems, Switchgear, UPS systems, Battery banks, ATS/STS units, PDU/PMM units, Fire Alarm systems, and Fire Suppression systems.
- Experience of automatic control equipment, including relay logic, programmable logic controllers (PLC’s), building management systems, and their integration with the Data Centre infrastructure is an advantage.
- Demonstrable experience and understanding in HVAC /cooling in an industrial setting and understanding the link between the BMS and Cooling system
- Experience of low & medium voltage distribution systems and associated switch gear and protection equipment is preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate intelligently and effectively with the client and with contractors who perform maintenance or upgrade work on the data centre systems.
- Computer literate with the ability to compile and submit weekly, monthly and annual reports, and to monitor and trend operational characteristics (load, capacity, environmental conditions etc.). Good working ability on Microsoft Office Products.
- The ability to learn quickly and to gain maximum benefit from extensive training and development programs aimed at ensuring that any identified knowledge or experience deficiencies are addressed in the short term.
- Availability to work out of hours should the need arise to support operational needs as required.
- Availability to work shift and to provide emergency cover when required.
- Organised, able to effectively prioritise and deliver within a dynamic and high pressure, business critical environments
- Self-motivated, with ability to work on own initiative
- Must have a high level of energy, be self- starters, confident and stable in manner and have the ability to develop and maintain productive and trusting relationships with colleagues and clients alike.
- The post holder will report to the Site Technical Supervisor
- The post holder is accountable for ensuring that all Electrical & Mechanical systems are operating & functioning correctly while on shift
- The post holder is accountable for ensuring company & Client processes and procedures are adhered to at all times.
Each employee goes through a fantastic training structure which is a Hugh investment in our people. DCS Shield consisting of
- DCS Select
- Human factors training
- C-NET CDCTP Training with exams every 6 months
- Cerm (Critical Environment Risk Management training)
- Quantum training which gives the guys an insight how to manage risk in a critical Environment
Send your CV and detailed summary of relevant experience outlined above to [email protected]