We are looking for Site Reliability Engineers who want to grow with a group of highly technical engineers. As the SRE team is operating on 24x7 basis, a shift work will be required.
Our client is providing a cloud computing platform and solutions to help companies manage digital workflows for enterprise operation. The company is making the world of work, work better for people.
Successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining and developing the reliability, scalability and performance of the platform and infrastructure. The SRE is empowered to drive technical resolutions across the technology stack from application through to hardware and all stops in between.
The ultimate goal of the SRE is to never have to escalate an issue to an engineering or development team and to completely own the resolution of incidents. They are also tasked with driving forward the operability of the platform to drive down incident numbers and to reduce MTTR.
To accomplish this the team combines Software Development, Networking and Systems Engineering expertise with a strong desire to be challenged by problems of scale and complexity and to make services better for customers.
- Drive immediate relief and provide a sustainable resolution to issues within the platform.
- Use knowledge and experience in software development, application support, systems engineering and networking to proactively prevent issues from reoccurring.
- Drive internal stakeholders and partner teams to improve the reliability, scalability and performance of the infrastructure through improved system design.
- Drive and contribute to a culture of intolerance to manual activity, which results in an automation environment delivering repeatable and scalable response to system issues.
- Requirements:Deep knowledge of Linux systems.
- Networking skills and IP addressing.
- MySQL database administration.
- Monitoring of performance/availability in systems, applications and networks.
- Uncompromising attention to detail.
- Ability to work in shifts that cover one weekend day, evening and night shifts.
For further information on this opportunity, please contact Fiona Kealey on email@example.com