As a Site Reliability Engineer you will join an industry-leading organization in the delivery of our Digital Customer Experience to our global customer base. This is a class-leading cloud-based portal to provide self-solve and self-service capabilities to IT professionals working with our customers.
The Solution Maintenance, Automation & Reliability Team (SMART) is responsible for the development, enhancement and maintenance of the Continuous Delivery pipeline (CDP) and support of the overall Support Automation solution. The pipeline includes tools and cloud infrastructure which is designed to rapidly and flexibly deliver our solution to production and into the hands of customers.
Our engineers operate effectively across Continuous Delivery Pipeline, tools, networks, servers, databases and support environment and infrastructure.
- The successful candidate will work as part of the PointNext Services R&D Solution Reliability Team.
- Designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs software applications and tools for the Pointnext Services R&D organization. Partners with global R&D team on end-to-end software delivery projects.
- This role has a primary focus in areas responsible for maintaining the Reliability, Availability, Performance and Observability of our Production ecosystem.
- The role involves both Development and Operations type activities but is predominantly focused in the development space.
- Works with multiple project teams, internal and outsourced development partners.
- Responsible for all stages of design, development for complex products and platforms, including solution design, analysis, coding, testing, and integration.
- Reviews and evaluates designs and project activities for compliance with systems design and development guidelines and standards; provides tangible feedback to improve product quality and mitigate failure risk.
- Provides domain-specific expertise and overall software systems leadership and perspective to cross-organization projects, programs, and activities.
- Responsible for direct customer support and troubleshooting infrastructure/application issues with our partner vendors
- Drives innovation and integration of new technologies into projects and activities in the software systems design organization.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less- experienced staff members.
- Work out of hours on-call to support external teams on a rotational shift basis.
- Be highly motivated and have the ability to self-learn new technologies and processes quickly.
- Knowledge of Agile based development methodologies (SAFE Framework advantageous)
- Proven experience with Linux Operation systems & shell scripting
- Proven experience developing and maintaining containerized applications working with Docker/Docker Swarm/kubernetes desirable
- Proven experience writing production level code in at least one software development language
- Proven experience with version control, automated software provisioning and configuration management with a strong focus on automation
- Proven experience with multiple software systems, applications, design tools
- Proven experience with Monitoring, Alerting and Logging technologies highly advantageous
- Excellent troubleshooting, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proven experience debugging complex issues, root cause analysis and supporting large scale application architectures.
- Experience in overall architecture of software systems for products and solutions.
- Designing and integrating software systems running on multiple platform types into overall architecture.
- Evaluating forms and processes for software systems testing and methodology, including writing and execution of test plans, debugging, and testing scripts and tools.
- Proven ability to identify and implement solutions to technical problems, working independently and leading more junior engineers where appropriate
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language.
- Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals and negotiate options at senior management levels.
- Bachelors or master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
- Typically, 5-10 years’ experience.
For more information regarding this role contact Martin Connell on 0871033674 or email an updated CV to email@example.com