3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking and take risks on new ideas. Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.
The 3M Digital Science Community (DSC) represents elite technology professionals sharing knowledge and ideas and tackling the tough issues that face the global healthcare system. Together, we’re using the power of innovation to shape a brighter, healthier, more connected planet using advanced digital tools and technologies.
We believe great potential shines in the presence of great purpose. Join us and embrace your opportunity to co-create life-changing solutions that will resonate for years to come.
- Perform operational deployments, implementations, and maintenance for production systems.
- Responsible for implementing, maintaining, and reporting of monitoring and performance metrics for Core Speech products as well as performing capacity planning tasks.
- Ability to work with a team on collaborative projects as well as independently to drive improvements to system performance and architecture.
- Interacts with other personnel within the assigned business.
- Participates on and may lead teams.
- Participates in identifying tasks, providing time estimates to complete tasks, and contributing to sub-teams.
- Actively participates in relevant corporate programs/initiatives, complies with professional and quality standards complies with corporate policies and procedures, and acts in a manner consistent with 3M’s values and ethical standards.
Your Skills and Expertise
To set you up for success in this role from day one, 3M is looking for candidates who must have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher from an accredited university
- Minimum of two (2) combined years in operations support and/or application development
- Experience in maintaining and documenting standards, processes, and procedures for production systems
- Strong scripting skills
- Excellent understanding and working knowledge of Java
- Experience administering and managing Linux environments
- Familiarity with Windows Server
- Experience with version control tools (mainly Mercurial)
- Experience with SQL and working knowledge of a variety of databases
- Experience with build systems, CI and CD
- Experience with virtual environments and containerization
- Experience with cloud orchestration and automation tools
- Experience working with AWS products like EC2, RDS, CloudFront, etc.
- Experience working with monitoring and log aggregation tools
- Solid understanding of software development lifecycle
- Comfortable working in an Agile environment
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills across different levels of the stack
- Ability to communicate with team members both local and remote
- Attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to solve problems in a logical, methodical, and time efficient manner
- Ability to direct and influence others
For further information on this opportunity, please contact Laura on Laura.Martin@flexsource.ie or +353 (0)872978248.
Please note we can only consider candidates with an EU Visa or Stamp 4 Visa as sponsorship is not supplied.