In this role you will be working closely with the product management team and customers to help drive the product vision, and with the scrum teams and release train engineer to deliver the product.
The Product Owner will be working within and promoting the Company Values – Customer Focus, Accountability, Respect, Effective Communication and Empowerment.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Typical tasks assigned to Product Owners include: working with Product Managers to breakdown features into user stories for all new functionality, presenting user stories to the product teams in grooming and design sessions, ensuring that new functionality meets the acceptance criteria so the work can be designated as complete.
• The Product Owner works with the Scrum Masters to prioritize user stories, participates in team planning meetings and is available to provide advice, clarification and guidance during the execution of each Sprint. The Product Owner champions sufficient customer engagement during the development through, for example, product demonstration and customer feedback. The Product Owner inspects, accepts or rejects completed work from the development sprint.
• The Product Owner works in relevant structures (e.g. scrum of scrums) to manage dependencies and set priorities across multiple teams and backlog items and to maintain alignment to the release product vision and roadmap. The Product Owner has final sign-off of the product release at the different levels.
• The Product Owner is responsible for stakeholder management, engaging with key customer contacts, product management, sales and marketing to ensure all relevant inputs to the product backlog have been collected and prioritized.
• The Product Owner ensures that the product backlog is constantly prioritized to secure delivery of maximum business value.
• In determining relative business value of the backlog items, the Product Owner uses necessary inputs such as customer priorities and the need to address technical debt. The resultant product backlog is aligned with various stakeholders.
• Product Knowledge - Becomes a subject matter expert in the relevant product domains. It is expected that the Product Owner will quickly become an expert in the product from a feature / functionality perspective.
The suitable candidate must have a deep rooted passion for delivering success. The suitable candidate will have formidable experience and working knowledge of:
• Experience in a product owner role
Skilled at writing features, creating acceptance criteria, prioritizing backlogs and roadmaps, crafting sprint and product goals to maximize business value
Skilled at managing multiple, diverse teams with a wide variety of skillsets
Experience with Agile Scrum and Kanban methodologies, particularly in a SAFe environment
Domain experience / knowledge o Software development and verification tools and methodologies – Github, Jenkins, Fitnesse, Selenium, etc.
Docker, Docker Swarm and related technologies
Machine-to-machine and IoT solutions and platforms o Development of an open software platform and ecosystem
Consulting experience / customer engagement skills desirable
Ability to communicate effectively to senior management, peers and team members
Demonstrated ability to work and deliver in global, cross-functional, and virtual teams
• Must thrive in a fast-paced, time-compressed and dynamic environment
• Ability to efficiently work to specified project delivery deadlines
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• 3+ years of relevant product management, product owner, or business analysis experience in an agile environment
• 5+ years in software development
• SAFe PM/PO certification (SPMPO) is a plus
• Able to work independently and collaboratively; must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and execute decision with judgment and discretion
• Good time management skills
For more information regarding this role contact Claire Brady on 085 872 3588 or email an updated CV to email@example.com