- Fetac level 5 in Healthcare or similar
- Experience working with vulnerable adults with complex needs
- Full clean driving license
- Working knowledge of HIQA regulations and experience adhering to National Standard policies
- Experience and understanding of person-centred care and planning
- Model and coordinate support to residents, contributing to a safe homely environment where each resident has access to comprehensive, person-centred and holistic personal support.
- Provide support to persons with intellectual disabilities in all aspects of daily living, including
- personal care.
- To ensure the provision of a quality service, working in partnership with the person being supported, members of the Community and the person’s wider circle of support.
- Participate in regular house meetings.
- Ensure the support needs of residents are met in their daily lives.
- Ensure a healthy and nutritious diet is offered that takes individual needs and choice into account
- Maintain comprehensive and up to date residents’ records.
- Undertake responsibility for health and safety in the home in line with policy and procedure
- and maintain necessary records.
- Ensure all appropriate records are maintained and up to date for each resident.
- To work a percentage of hours as a personal support worker to one resident. This aspect of the role includes emotional and social support, practical support and support with financial and health needs