CPL are currently recruiting a part time Healthcare Assistant for a forward thinking and progressive facility in Blackrock in Cork. This facility in the disability sector offers enhanced services and facilities to service users with a physical and sensory disability. Successful candidates will work in a residential setting supporting individuals with all activities of daily living and enable them to live independent lives in line with HIQA national standards.
Roles and Responsibilities
- To empower Service Users to live independent lives with their residential home and community.
- To ensure personal and intimate care is provided and ensure privacy and dignity is respected at all times.
- To provide the necessary physical assistance in with Patient Manual and Handling training.
- To transport service users to facilitate access all daily living activities.
- To participate in household duties, for example cooking, laundry, general cleaning, shopping.
- To support the development and delivery of individual support file.
- To maintain a high standard of report writing and record keeping
- To immediately report all safeguarding allegations or concerns in line with policy and legislation.
- To maintain professional communication and relationships with the team
- To be aware of safe working conditions and implement safe work practices and immediately report potential hazards, incidents and concerns.
- To follow tasks assigned on the daily schedule
- To be responsible for safe keeping and recording of service user and house monies.
- To be available to work as per contractual hours
Qualifications and Requirements
- QQI relevant qualification
- Full clean driving license is desirable
- Excellent command of spoken and written English
- Knowledge of HIQA standards
- 1 to 2 years' work or student experience in social care or relevant sector
For more info email [email protected]