Cpl Healthcare are currently welcoming CV’s from experienced social care professionals with leadership experience to effectively manage the day to day running of a residential service in North County Dublin. The service supports adults with intellectual disabilities and promotes independent living within a community environment. The manager will ensure a person-centred service is provided to the highest standard, effectively leading a team of healthcare professionals.
This is a full-time permanent position offering a competitive salary and excellent benefits package.
Key Responsibilities include:
- To ensure the highest quality of care is provided to service user’s, adhering to the service principles of, privacy, dignity, fulfilment, independence and choice.
- To oversee and contribute to the referral process, admission and review procedures whilst working in partnership with the relevant statutory agencies, families and others in planning and developing person centred programmes of care and support.
- To monitor and support service users towards independence and contribute to the review of each adult in partnership with the multi-disciplinary/agency teams.
- To deal with issues of concern or complaints sensitively and appropriately.
- To co-ordinate and contribute to the selection, recruitment and induction of new staff and to provide an effective leadership of all staff, through regular supervision, effective communication, management of workloads, assessment and verification of staff undergoing career development qualifications and identification of development needs.
- To personally contribute towards a positive, cohesive and therapeutic environment and to deal appropriately with matters relating to disciplinary, grievance, untoward incidents and complaints
- To develop good working relationships and actively promote community presence within the local community
- To ensure efficient and effective administration procedures are in place and Regulatory/Legislative requirements to include rota planning, the storage and dispensation of medication.
- To complete annual reports in on the evaluation of the service.
- To be fully involved in preparation and control of service budget as determined by senior management ensuring service budget and financial procedures are adhered to and that all monies correctly accounted for.
- To complete H & S monthly monitoring reports and Work in partnership with contractors, health and safety experts to ensure that all activities are carried out in a manner which is safe to everyone within the service in accordance with Regulatory/Legislative requirements.
Requirements for this role:
- Minimum Level 7 in Social Care/ Applied Social Studies/ Nursing/ Disability or related area of study
- Certificate in Healthcare Management
- 3 years’ experience in management of residential care services
- Excellent working knowledge of legislation in place protecting residents in social care services
- Full, clean driving license
- Flexibility for on-call rostering as required.
For further details, please contact Meigheann on Meigheann.Lyons@cplhealthcare.com