Cpl Healthcare are continuing to work with Tusla Child and Family Agency, particularly with their Special Care Services. In 2021, they are continuing to expand in Dublin North and West to support vulnerable young people in need of this service.
Special care units are secure, residential facilities for children in care aged between 11 and 17 years. It is part of a continuum of State care available to children in Ireland, providing for a short-term, stabilising intervention that prioritises safe care in a secure, therapeutic environment. It aims to support the young person and assist in their development to enable the child to return to a less secure placement as soon as possible, based on the needs of that child.
This is a challenging role but is an extremely rewarding position in the social care sector.
- To participate in the development and implementation of Care and Placement Plans and to ensure appropriate recording of same.
- To promote the rights and responsibilities of each child/young person within the centre.
- To promote physical, emotional, social, educational, and religious welfare of each young person in care.
- To be responsible for the organisation of personal documents, arrangements, information, and finance on behalf of the young person.
- To liaise with the parent, family, general services, and other agencies on behalf of the young person.
- To engage in age-appropriate play and other activities with each child/young person within the centre.
- To engage in physical intervention where this is in keeping with local policies and procedures.
- To prepare and provide, in conjunction with the young people, well balanced meals of high quality and maintain household duties.
- To attend team meetings and to report to the Social Care Leader /Manager on matters affecting the delivery of service.
- Report Writing and documentation
- Assist in the supervision of students when required
- To attend regular supervision with the Social Care Leader / Manager.
- Minimum level 7 in social care or Applied Social Studies, or Youth and Community level 7 or BA(Hons) Youth and Community Development or BA (Hons) Psychology, or Addiction Studies level 7, or BA (Hons) counselling and Addiction Studies or Disability Diploma (Primary Degree) - level 7 or Social Science (level 7 Minimum)
- Minimum 6 months working in social care sector (placement experience included)
- Ideally some experience working with young people or residential experience
- Experience working with challenging behaviour and an understanding of therapeutic interventions
For more information, please apply now or forward your CV to Meigheann.Lyons@cplhealthcare.com or call Meigheann on 0879327303