Cpl Healthcare are currently seeking a qualified social care worker to join a day service based in Kildare. This is a brilliant opportunity for a passionate, enthusiastic professional to join a team providing high quality care to adults with disabilities on a day-to-day basis promoting community integration and independent living for each individual.
- Hold a minimum of a Level 7 on the QQI Framework – BA in Social Care Studies or equivalent qualification in Heath or Social Care.
- 2 years’ experience of working with vulnerable adults or adults with intellectual disabilities.
- An understanding of current policy and developments at national and sectoral level in relation to Social Care within disability services.
- An ability to follow, evaluate and contribute to the further development of plans and methods to meet the ongoing needs of individuals supported.
- Effective interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Proficient IT skills relevant to the role, to include Microsoft Office Excel, Word, SharePoint, OneDrive and Teams.A full driver’s licence and availability of own car is an essential requirement.
- Support, encourage and develop the choice and decision-making and self- advocacy skills of people who use the services.
- Enable each individual supported by the services to pursue and maintain their individual hobbies and interests and developing social skills.
- Provide a person-centred approach of care delivery- developing and implementing care plans which will support the service user achieve goals and positive outcomes
- Carry out key-work sessions with the service user’s
- Ensure all medical appointments are coordinated and supported.
- Ensure a healthy and nutritious diet is offered and takes individual choice into account.
- Develop and implement appropriate training, leisure, social, and personal activities for individuals within the service area.
- Facilitate individuals to actively participate and integrate into the community, through the use of generic community facilities.
- Ensure that all behaviour support plans that are put in place by the Multidisciplinary Team are carried out and adhered to.
- Promote, advise and support personal care and hygiene
- Ensure that all legislative, polices and regulatory requirements (including Health & Safety Act and HIQA regulations and standards) are adhered to and complied with by continuous monitoring, inspection and audit of the designated centre.
- Ensure that all records in relation to individuals who use services are up to date, correctly filed and managed as per records management system
- Assist and support new staff, volunteers or students
For further information, please contact Meigheann.email@example.com