Cpl Healthcare are delighted to announce a number of social care worker vacancies within the special care services with Tusla Child and Family Agency in Dublin North and West.
These vacancies currently exist in their special care units for children in care aged between 11 and 17 years providing for a short-term, stabilising intervention that prioritises safe care in a secure, therapeutic environment.
While this is a challenging role, it is an exceptionally rewarding position within the social care sector.
We welcome applications from new graduates as well as experienced professionals.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Participating in the development and implementation of Care and Placement Plans
- Promoting the rights and responsibilities of each child/young person within the centre
- Promoting physical, emotional, social, educational, and religious welfare of each young person
- Family and other service liaison
- Adhering to policies and procedures
- Report Writing and documentation
- To attend regular supervision with the Social Care Leader / Manager.
- Minimum level 7 in one of the following:
- Social care or Applied Social Studies
- Youth and Community
- BA(Hons) Youth and Community Development
- BA (Hons) Psychology
- Addiction Studies
- BA (Hons) counselling and Addiction Studies
- Disability Diploma (Primary Degree)
- Social Science
- Minimum 6 months working in social care sector (placement experience considered)
- Ideally some experience working with young people or residential experience
- Experience working with challenging behaviour and an understanding of therapeutic interventions
For more information on this role, please contact Joanna by
email [email protected]