SOCIA MEDIA CONTENT ANALYST – THAI SPEAKER - DUBLIN
Are you interested in Social Media? Do you want to help to provide a safe internet environment? And do you speak Thai? Great, this if for you!
What do we offer?
· Full-time, permanent Contract with Covalen
· Day shift (9am to 5:30pm) or Evening shift (6pm to 2am) – No rotation between shifts. Monday to Friday (occasionally weekends and bank holidays)
· Base annual salary of €27k (Evening Shift +25% from 10pm to 2am; +€12 Taxi Allowance per day – total, up to 30k)
· 25 days of annual leave
· Private healthcare and pension contribution
· Extensive training and access to CPL’s Wellness Programme
· Bike to Work and Tax Saver Scheme
· Free Canteen, food and snacks
What do you need?
· Fluent near-native level (C1/C2) of Thai and Fluent English (C1)
· Stamp 4, 1G or EU passport - Mandatory
· Cultural understanding / Knowledge in current affairs of the region
· Problem- solving, attention-to-detail and critically thinking skills
What is going to be your task?
· Investigating and resolving reported issues (inquiries via ticketing system), such as requests for account support or potentially abusive content
· Becoming and remain knowledgeable about client’s products and community standards
· Using market specific knowledge and insights to find scalable solutions to improve the support of our community of users
· Gathering, analysing, and utilising relevant data to develop ways to improve the overall user experience
· Recognising trends and patterns and escalating issues outside the company policy to the global team
· Identifying inefficiencies in workflows and suggest solutions
It is important to highlight that the content you will be reviewing might include very sensitive content. Due to the nature of the role employees are classified as essential workers, therefore they must work from the office (Sandyford, D18).
If you have what it takes for this job, please apply with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org