Social Worker required for locum role, (4 days per week) working as part of a community based CAMHS Service.
The Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS) delivers an assessment and intervention service to children and their families presenting with a wide range of moderate to severe mental health difficulties that require the input of a multi-disciplinary team.
This is an out-patient, community based service for Children up to the age of 18 years.
Working as a key part of the social work team and the wider Multidisciplinary Team that seeks to improve the health and social wellbeing of the service users, you will provide a social work service thorough the implementation of an accessible, equitable, person-centred service.
Duties of this position include:
- Provide assessment and treatment to service users and their families where the service user is experiencing mental health difficulties.
- Provide mental health social work assessment and interventions as part of an integrated multidisciplinary mental health service.
- Provide family based interventions when appropriate.
- Ensure the implementation of models of best practice / evidence based practice.
- Ensure the delivery of social work services in accordance with relevant legislation, policies and procedures, guidelines and protocols.
- Ensure that any risks to service user safety are identified and managed appropriately in collaboration with the multi-disciplinary team under the leadership of the Consultant Psychiatrist.
- Actively participate as a member of the Social Work department in team building and change initiatives as required
Interested candidates will have the following:
A recognised qualification as a Social Worker with CORU registration
Relevant experience in CAMHS, children and families and/ or similar service
Permission to work in Ireland
Professional approach to work Flexibility in work practice
Access to a car and full drivers licence is required
For further information, please contact Brian Murray on 01 482 5421 or email your c.v. to firstname.lastname@example.org