Primary Care offers a generic cradle to grave service for clients in the region, assisting people to deal with difficulties, access services and develop community supports.
Duties of the position.
- Provide a direct point of access for the local community area and offer initial and holistic social assessment and intervention to individuals & families.
- Provide an initial assessment service to all care groups and to develop referral procedures with other social work networked services.
- Identify service users’ individual and collective needs in partnership with them and co-create early interventions and/or social action strategies to meet those needs.
- Manage and prioritise a caseload appropriate to the post.
- Provide supportive counselling, emotional and practical support, and information to service users and their families.
- Adopt a holistic approach aimed at enhancing the quality of life, health and social well-being of all persons within the designated service area.
- Promote independence, self-reliance, self-determination and empowerment with persons in their environment, with families and local groups.
A recognised qualification as a Social Worker and CORU registration
Some post graduate social work experience will be desirable in a similar service.
A placement within primary care or similar service will be considered.
Access to a car and a full drivers licence
For further information, please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Brian in confidence on 01 482 5421