If you want to be challenged technically on genuinely interesting workloads, then this might suit you.
The ideal candidate will ideally be comfortable working within a SQL team spanning 7 time zones !
The mission if this team is model query execution on top of an elastic, distributed, always on, multi-tier database engine. The engineers are comfortable working at the edge of the current state of the art and believe in clean, modular architecture. Responsibilities cover everything from the parser through the query optimizer to the execution engine.
So someone with the depth and breadth of experience to help further push the envelope of what the query engine is capable of - someone who has already solved hard problems in the query optimisation space and is looking for new, tough challenges – this is the type pf person who can succeed in this role.
Can you help apply the latest research and techniques to solving the problems customers are facing today, as well as the ones they will face next year ?
- Be the ‘go to’ person for any question related to query optimisation
- Help guide the future direction of development of the SQL engine
- Apply state of the art database research to practical problems seen by customers
- Architect, design and develop features in the query engine
- Work effectively as part of a highly distributed team, help to build and sustain a culture of cooperation and knowledge sharing
B.Sc. in Computer Science with :
- 5+ years of database kernel development experience, in industry or research
- 5+ years of experience with C++ or similar language
- an M.Sc. or Ph.D. in a domain related to query execution or optimization
- Superb analytic and debugging skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to explain complex technical issues
- Experience with large, complex code bases
- Strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design/architecture
If you would like to apply for this role please use the link provided, for more information or a
confidential discussion simply contact Myles McKeown on 07393014990.