Software Architect – Remote / Galway
We are working with a fast-growing multi-national company who are based in Galway in identifying a Software Architect for their team. The successful candidate will create and drive the execution of target-state of cloud-native architecture for their end-to-end software platform. The successful candidate will be joining an excellent remote-working culture with an excellent compensation package!
· Drive architecture consistency and technology decisions across all platform components to harmonize integration, maximize reuse and align investment with customer expectations and technology vision
· Perform a hands-on role, where you will work with a subset of engineers to deliver proof-of-concepts in Java/Spring, Node/Typescript, or other platform/languages as needed
· Partner with customers (internal / external), business operations & support, engineering, and product to become a trusted customer advocate for platform development and implementation.
· Define and execute software platform security standards and compliance across all components to ensure against unwanted platform and data breaches (Infrastructure Security)
· Be the sounding board for validating and introducing new technologies, including 3rd-party applications and open-source solutions
· Understand total cost of ownership & technology trade-offs
· Evangelize and educate engineering team on best practices for delivering world class software solutions
· Assume deep business knowledge of area or areas aligned
· Define our application analytics strategy with Product Management
· Ensure System & Infrastructure architecture results in high reliability and low outages as key measure of success
· Extensive experience driving architectural and design decisions at software-centric companies; experience in cloud platforms (AWS, GCP, Azure) a plus
· 2+ years of experience in one or more of the following focus areas: security and access control, cloud operations and infrastructure, data modelling and data governance, 3rd-party integrations
· A self-motivated, strategic thinker with a demonstrated ability to thrive in an unstructured and often ambiguous environment
· Ability to conceptualize, design and validate creative solutions to complex technical issues
· Demonstrated ability to quickly and proficiently understand new architectures and designs
· Ability to structure and process qualitative and quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions
· Effective communicator who gains buy-in for architecture and design ideas and technical leadership
· Forward thinker with the ability to make current decisions with future considerations in mind, planning ways to prevent future tech-debt or inhibiting long term development
· A proactive advocate for continuous improvement, developer enablement and engineering excellence
For more information on this role, please click on the apply button below!