Title: Software Developer
Reporting to: VP Informatics
This Role is fully Remote
Role and Responsibilities:
• Delivery of software projects to our clients – both internal and external
• Working within our SDLC process and participating in all phases – from technical specification right through to acceptance testing
• Develop, test, deliver and deploy highly performant and secure backend services (API / Big Data data processing products)
• Working in an agile team you will be developing features end-to-end across the software stack and responsible for all non-functional capabilities.
• You will be expected to write elegant, simple code that lends itself to low cost maintenance, extensibility, testability and performance.
• You will validate proposed approaches and explore new concepts using proof-of-concepts, wire frames and early experience prototypes.
• You will follow all documentation requirements and maintain excellent project history files for all software code written
• Performs other related duties as assigned by manager.
• Diploma/Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology/Software Development, Project Management
• 3-5 years’ experience in technology development and deployment
• Experience with windows OS, networking, cloud and web based applications
• Strong experience in .NET, C#, Java technologies and Microsoft SQL Server
• Willingness to learn and work on own initiative
• Experience of working in a regulated environment
• Good organisational qualities along with good presentation skills
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing, including technical writing skills. Needs to be detail-oriented and process driven
• Strong project management skills with the ability to prioritise multiple tasks and projects