Software Development / Engineering Manager
Every day Clover devices handle the core credit card and Point-Of-Sale (POS) processing for hundreds of thousands of merchants worldwide. Behind the scenes we operate a cloud platform providing processing, storage and collaboration for merchants, application developers, service providers and our merchant’s customers.
Our devices and platform form the backbone of millions of payment interactions between merchants and their customers daily. We are looking for self starters with a passion for technology who want to help us impact millions of merchant’s lives, one transaction at a time.
● Lead a multidisciplinary team of developers / engineers (e.g. web, server, android, test) and manage their deliverables and career growth through outstanding mentoring and coaching.
● Be responsible for the end-to-end delivery of features in the Clover product and platform.
● Work with a geographically distributed leadership team to build truly world class, customer-centric solutions.
● Ensure that we in Clover are keeping pace with the technology which balances delivering solutions efficiently and creating a technically challenging and fun development environment.
● Working cross-functionally with Product Management, Design, Quality, Operations, and Customer Support.
● Help define roadmaps and schedules.
● Ensure a high level of technical quality by driving architectural decisions and leading code reviews with your team.
● Work closely with the recruitment organisation to hire your team of engineers as your team scales.
Requirements for Consideration
● 8+ years work experience which includes 2 or more years managing teams of highly technical engineers.
● Strong skills with Java, Web application frameworks like React, Ember.js, Spring Boot, SQL, and design of RESTful APIs.
● Knowledge and experience with distributed systems architecture including micro-services.
● Experience integrating with 3rd party APIs solutions.
● Strong verbal and written communications skills.
● Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with cross-functional teams to deliver customer-facing products.
● Passion for coaching and mentoring to help individuals grow professionally and technically.
● Customer empathy: Strive to provide a great product experience and look for new opportunities to enhance our products or services.
● Empathy for people: You care about other engineers code as much as your own. You are willing to sit down and help people improve while maintaining a positive and fun work environment.
● Empowerment: You empower your team to take responsibility and make good decisions. You go the extra mile to ensure projects are completed the right way. You pursue excellence from yourself and from the team and take ownership for the quality of the results.
Preferred Skills, Experience, and Education
● Degree/Diploma in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or in a relevant field.
● Domain expertise with payments, Point of Sale (POS), or small business software is a plus.