Our client is a leading Government Technology company located in the heart of Dublin City. They are headquartered in California. We have a requirement for a permanent Java Software Engineer to join their growing Development team in Dublin. Remote work options are available.
In this role you will:
- Contribute to full SDLC from ideas and design phase through implementation, release and deployment.
- Participate in the development of the product with the team, through Daily Scrum, Sprint Planning and Backlog Grooming.
- Perform Code Reviews, write unit tests, write documentation and implement software best practices.
- Collaborate with QA engineers to develop testing protocols to identify and correct defects.
- Build and maintain excellent working relationships with peers across the organization (QA, Development, PM, UX, etc.)
- You will turn ideas into prototypes and prototypes into products, evaluate emerging software technologies and evaluate third-party solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science/Engineering or equivalent working experience.
- 3+ years of relevant hands-on experience developing with Java and Spring framework.
- 3+ years of experience working with agile methodologies.
- Experience working in an agile environment and a good understanding of the advantages compared to the classic approach.
- Solid understanding of SCM (Git) and common branching strategies.
- Good team player with experience in the code review process.
- Experience/knowledge about Reactive programming.
- Experience with CI/CD. Experience in the concept of Continuous Integration/Delivery, build stacks, build pipelines, infrastructure (pipelines) as code.
- Experience in cloud-based infrastructure/architecture, a plus.
If interested in applying or finding out more, contact Nicole at firstname.lastname@example.org