- R&D Software Engineering role in Physical Verification area is a multi-faceted position encapsulating a mix of physical verification software development, algorithm development, software debugging, performance optimization, accuracy analysis, GUI development and integration with layout/schematic editors.
- R&D engineers collaborate with a large team of EDA professionals across multiple geographical regions to create and deliver best in class next generation software for physical IC application.
- R&D engineers work on complicated applications and interface them with other applications in a large suite of highly connected modules to enable next-generation physical verification solutions with superior performance and usability.
- R&D engineers develop code that satisfies the requirements for successful semiconductor design deployment.
- As R&D Engineer you will be part of a team responsible for designing, developing, troubleshooting, debugging and supporting critical projects. You will have a chance to contribute to the main Physical Verification flows in EDA industry and your work will be visible through billions of electronic devices deployed worldwide.
As Software Engineer II, this person will be responsible for the following software engineering activities:
- Write code implementing product requirement specifications
- Write and maintain unit tests and other tests as needed for implemented features and enhancements
- Participate in code reviews.
- Work with PE (Product Engineering) and QPV (Quality Product Validation) to review code quality and coverage of requested functionality
- Provide code fixes as requested by bug tracking system
- This person should have personality & communication skills for working within the R&D group, and with cross functional groups, such as PE, QPV, CM
- This person should be able to work independently, being able to collaborate remotely with team members outside of Ireland
- 3+ years of C++ development
- Understand algorithm complexity
- Multithreaded programming essentials (mutexes, threads communication)
- experience with physical verification
- schematic and layout design
- GUI Design
- Qt library
- Knowledge of Python, Tcl or LISP programming languages
- Be familiar with Standards 11/14 (including standard