Our client is a leading Government Technology company located in the heart of Dublin City, near Stephens Green. They are headquartered in California. We have a requirement for permanent Java Engineers to join their expanding development teams in Dublin.
The successful candidate will have around 3 years of development experience with Java and Spring framework. As you grow into the position you will exposed to Azure, so cloud experience would be a bonus but not a necessity. Experience with public and private facing APIs.
- Join the scrum team that owns development of standalone service adapters, built with Java & Spring boot as core technologies and deployed to Azure
- Contribute to full SDLC from ideas and design phase right through to implementation, release and deployment.
- Participate in the development of the product with the team, through Daily Scrum, Sprint Planning and Backlog Grooming
- Perform Code Reviews, write unit tests, write documentation and implement software best practices
- Collaborate with QA engineers to develop testing protocols to identify and correct defects
- Build and maintain excellent working relationships with peers across organizations (QA, Development, PM, UX, etc.)
- You will contribute to the full SDLC from ideas and design phase right through to implementation, release and deployment.
- 2+ years minimum of development experience as a Java software engineer
- JAVA 1.7 & higher. Significant and demonstrable experience of implementing Java best practice, valuing scalability, availability and performance.
- Spring/Spring boot
- ReST and/or SOAP Web Services – public and private facing APIs
- Experience with Java Unit Testing Frameworks and Tools such as JUnit, TestNG, Mockito etc.
- Experience working in continuous integration and continuous deployment systems (CICD)
- Knowledge of build systems and software integration systems
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Experience working with microservices architecture / SOA
- Enterprise SAAS systems
- EJBs and the web layer