Please note we can only consider candidates with an EU Visa or Stamp 4 Visa as sponsorship is not supplied.
As an Engineering Manager you will oversee the development of core features/functionality related to data analytics and digital adoption. You will help define and drive the engineering of best-in-class experiences for our users with the goal of reducing our merchants’ dependency on calling support and visiting our help site.
You’ll build integrated experiences that help establish user journeys and funnels, identify friction points and deliver digital adoption solutions for merchants to onboard and self-educate more effectively across Clover properties.
You will partner with product owners to understand market research, prioritize enhancements, scope development efforts and execute on key features/enhancements that will reshape how our users access Clover products and services.
You will lead the team and will have following responsibilities:
● Lead and manage all aspects for Software Development Life Cycle using Agile project methodologies (Daily Standup, Sprint Planning and Sprint Retrospective meetings)
● Work directly with product counterparts to prioritize and scope engineering effort with engineering reports.
● Cultivate communication and collaboration within the team and outside the team,
● Manage risk of all types, breaking ties and providing technical leadership when required, ensuring the business goals are represented, helping manage technical debt, and project logistics and planning.
● Work closely with the engineering team to review solutions and strategies
● Work with the team to define and deliver short, middle, and long-term strategies for complex features
● Manage and mentor diverse individuals (diverse in both experience and skill set)
● Have regular one-ones, performance and development discussions with engineers
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
● 3+ years’ experience as an engineering manager of 5+ person teams.
● Strong programming experience with object oriented languages
● Deep understanding of APIs and web-based applications and services
● Passion for shipping quality software on-time and maintaining it over time
● Ability to work with product management and executive leadership on time/feature/cost/quality tradeoff
● Experience directing or working with QA and software testing
● Experienced in system architecture design and code reviews
Preferred Skills, Experience, and Education
● Master’s degree
● Experience working with international and remote teams
● Experience with building accessible software - ADA, WCAG standards - testing tools: JAWS, screen readers
● Good working knowledge of revision control and code review tools like Git, Gerrit etc.
Please contact Claire Brady on email@example.com or call 085 872 3588 for more details